S-130 & S-190 Annual Refresher Certification
*Special Beta Introductory Edition *
TARGET AUDIENCE FOR THIS COURSE:
This course is specifically designed for wildland firefighters working in the USA, although any wildland firefighter, anywhere in the world may also benefit by completing this online annual safety refresher course.
- ANNUAL S-130 & S190 ANNUAL SAFETY REFRESHER COURSE
Wildland Firefighters who are renewing their S-130 & S-190 Annual Certification. [Please see "DISCLAIMER" below]
- STUDY GUIDE (An Excellent Option)
Any person planning to become a wildland firefighter or - a current fire-fighter looking for some good basic wildland fire information.
- REQUIRED PRE-READING (For some Instructors and Specific Courses)
An Instructor may suggest this online course as pre-reading for an upcoming refresher course or exam. It is certain this course will be a good supplement to any, in-house and hands-on training.
PLUS EXTRA SAFETY INFORMATION
AVOIDING FIRE ENTRAPMENT
THE FIRE SHELTER
Doug Richardson - Instructor, Course Developer
"all the best training and education in the world, is useless if it not practiced diligently in your work environment as intended"
Must have successfully completed a recognized, S-130 & S-190 classroom and field course.
This course will teach the participant the basic principles of wildland fire safety and in particular, those safety rules pertaining to avoiding a fire en-trapment incident.
Upon successful completion;
- Fire Triangle
- Basic Fire Suppression Principles
- Safety on the Fire Line
- Cold-Trailing and Mop Up procedures
- Basic principles of Pumps & Water Delivery Systems & Review Basic Fire Assessment
- Identify probable Escape Routes
- Identify probable “Control Line” and Anchor Point
- Understand L.A.A.C.E.S
- Review the Watch-Out Rules
- Review the 10 Standard Operating Procedures
- The importance of Note Taking & Pre-work & Post-work briefings
- Will have reviewed the key features of the S-130 & S-190
- Reviewed Fire Shelter & Deployment
- The firefighter will be taught safety procedures & practices which will assist them to never be entrapped by wildland fire
- The firefighter will be taught what to do in the worst case scenario of being trapped by a wildland fire
Each, Country, State, County and wildland firefighting agency may have their own annual refresher certification standards. We recommend you get approval from your agency before taking this course in order for you to have formal recognition of this course with your agency. This will also save you spending money on a course that may not be of benefit to you in your jurisdiction.
By taking this course you must understand this online course can not possibly “cover” ALL aspects of Wildland Firefighting. (Basic Wildland Fire Safety Review).
Our fire training is endorsed and recognized by the British Columbia Forest Service, Wildfire Management Branch, Canada, as well as WorksafeBC, Canada. [The province's workers' compensation and safety authority]
We do believe that EVERY person who may be involved in some type of wildland firefighting - will gain some useful knowledge from completing this course.